Sunday, October 19, 2008

Caught Up

Well, I think I am all caught up on past calls. I only posted a few, but I think it's a good way to kick off my new blog. I hope you all enjoy reading the things that happen around the city. The posts from here on out will be more current events that have happened rather than past events.

For those of you who don't know, I am a 911 dispatcher for the city of Orem (and Lindon). We are responsible for all emergency and non-emergency calls for both cities. We also dispatch for police, fire and medical. We are all EMD (emergency medical dispatch) certifed and CPR certified.

We work 10 hour shifts and we work 4 shifts a week. Sometimes the days are long and slow and other days it's a battle to keep our heads above water. But in the end it's rewarding. I love helping people and this job is a great way to do just that. I'm grateful for my opportunity to be in the law enforcement community and I'm grateful to work for such a great city like Orem. It's the best!

No comments: