Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Best of friends...

I posted this on my other blog, but thought it was very fitting for this one too. So my apologies to those of you who read both.

I don't think that people need to be best of friends. I don't care really if people even like each other. But why, oh why can't people just learn to get along? I feel like I'm a babysitter more often than a dispatcher. I never knew that people would call the police for every minor little thing. Seriously people, do you need your hand held just to live your life? Are you not adult enough to solve your own problems?

Why is it that you can't just ask your neighbor to turn their music down? Why can't you tell your neighbor that their dog is keeping you awake night after night? Why can't you go get your mail from your ex-husbands house alone? He's never been violent and you have a friend with you, but you can't do it alone? Really? Why can't you just ignore someone who cut you off in traffic and go on with your day? Do you really think it's the end of the world that a few leaves are falling out of a truck or that there is a puddle on a sidewalk? Don't get me started on people who think it's the end of the world that a truck in front of them is putting out a little black smoke from their exhaust pipe. I understand it might be upsetting that your house got hit by 1 egg, but you really feel the need to call the police and ask them to fingerprint the egg shell? You can't just throw it away? And, do you really think you know every person who should be in your neighborhood at every hour of the day? You don't think that the person who walked by your house could just be out for a walk or visiting a neighbor and not casing your house for burglary?

In case you can't tell, it's been a long week. Not busy, but very draining! I don't understand why people can't just be a contributing factor to the community without being a vigilante. People need to learn to get along. People need to learn to deal with minor things alone. People need to learn that the police (and dispatchers) aren't here to hold your hand as you go through life. We're here to help in case of emergency. That's it! I don't need any more friends. I have enough already. Cut the small talk, cut the back-biting, cut the whining, and DEAL WITH LIFE!. We all have problems, so deal with it. I'm happy to help when help is needed, but I think we need have a talk about necessity vs NOT! Stop holding grudges, stop getting offended and just move on. I promise, it will be ok!

(P.S. I feel much better now that I've vented! =D Just thought I'd share!)

No comments: