Saturday, April 11, 2009

Do YOU know where you live?

I got a call from a girl (probably in her 20's) and I asked her where she was. She told me at the corner of 700 W 5300 N. (I can't remember the first part of the address but the second part I know she said.) I asked her what city she was in and she said Orem. I again confirmed the address and got 700 W 5300 N. I told her she couldn't be in Orem and asked if she could be in Provo. She told me NO and she was sure she was in Orem at 700 W 5300 N, she said she had lived there here whole life and it had always been 5300 N. I told her there is no 5300 N in Orem and she told me she didn't know what to say because that is where they are at. Well I told her (in so many words) that there is no 5300 N in Orem so she was going to figure out the right address or the right city. I then hear whispering in the background followed by this:

Caller: Um...whisper, whisper...
Me: Do you know what address you're at?
Caller: Ya, it's going to be 700 W 530 N...hehe...my bad!

GRR! I hate when people think non-funny things are funny. It shouldn't be funny to you that you are 20 and don't know your address where you've lived for ALL those 20 years. It is funny to me though!

No comments: