Sunday, April 12, 2009

National Telecommunicators Week

This week (starting today...Easter) is National Telecommunicators week. I feel like sometimes we are way under appreciated, so it's nice to have a week to celebrate and appreciate what we do. The Administration at our department is always appreciative of what we do. They recognize the job we do is difficult and they let us know how grateful they are that we do it.

We also got a "thank you" from Lindon (who we also dispatch for) in the way of a gift. They gave us each a cool water bottle and a bag of treats. It was so thoughtful. I appreciate the small gestures that says people care and recognize what we're doing. That's how I felt when I got that give.

The two post below were sent out by a coworker of mine in honor of National Telecommunicators week. I thought they were pretty funny (and so true) so I decided to share them. I hope you enjoy. I also hope that if you know a 911 dispatcher that you will thank them this week for the job they do. We often go unrecognized and underappreciated. We do all the work with none of the glory, and we're happy to do it. But thank a dispatcher if you know one. I know it would make them feel good!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Kayla, can I get an invitation to your other blog? When you went private, it shut me out and I would love to see what's going on with you. Thanks!